We applaud trustees’ commitment to their institutions and their willingness to give their time and talents to one of the most important endeavors a school undertakes—that of choosing the right leader for a particular moment in a school’s history. Trustees will face difficult choices along the way, but with the help and support of Wickenden Associates, our clients find leaders who not only demonstrate the values of their schools, but who are also prepared to meet the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead.
Here’s what our clients can expect:
- A thorough and candid analysis of the school’s strengths and challenges.
- A broad-based recruitment effort carefully tailored to each school’s unique leadership requirements, resulting in a diverse and talented pool of candidates.
- A multidimensional evaluation of candidates’ credentials, experience, and leadership qualities.
- An inclusive search process that appropriately engages the school community and sets the stage for the new leader’s successful entry.
- A well-informed, well-prepared search committee—extensively supported by us and well equipped to make sound decisions in the school’s best interests at every stage of the search.
- The appointment and transition of a new leader extraordinarily well positioned for success.
Wickenden Associates conducts Head of School searches for independent schools of all types and sizes. The detailed, yet flexible, roadmap we offer our clients is based on years of experience. Schools vary widely in their values, resources, circumstances, and missions. We embrace this diversity and enjoy the challenge of determining how best to serve each client.
Head Search Process Model: