Big Shoes To Fill?
Wickenden Associates conducts Head of School searches for independent schools of all types and sizes. Key features of our service that set us apart from our competitors include the following:
- We offer extensive support from start to finish, delivered by a team of experienced professionals with specialized expertise in the various aspects of the search. Unlike many search firms, we work together in a central office, enhancing communication and providing our clients with rapid and responsive service.
- We are supportive and flexible, working collaboratively with each search committee to design the process and timetable that best meets the school’s needs. We encourage the search committee to participate actively at each stage, including the review of candidate credentials.
- Our Opportunity Statements, professionally designed and written, are lauded by candidates and clients alike for their insightful presentation of each school’s unique strengths, culture, and challenges.
- Our comprehensive reference reports provide search committees with full documentation of multiple reference interviews regarding each finalist candidate.
- We are high-tech and high touch, employing technology to enhance communication and efficiency, but never to supplant meaningful personal contact with clients or candidates.
- Our web-based survey enables parents, students, faculty members, and alumni/ae of each school community to share their views about the school’s leadership needs.
- Our diverse and exhaustive database, with more than 12,000 candidates and sources, is a powerful recruitment tool.
- We interview scores of candidates and aspiring leaders each year, most in person but some employing web conference capabilities.
- We offer transition planning and support, including a complimentary return visit to the school during the new Head’s first year if requested.
Most importantly, our process works – as evidenced by the hundreds of successful independent school leaders we are proud to have placed.